Job Title: Analyst
Location: Northfield, IL
Bernardi Securities, Inc. (BSI) is a broker-dealer, specializing in active municipal bond portfolio management for private clients, public finance services, and fixed income capital market services. Bernardi Asset Management, LLC (BAM) is a fee only, SEC registered, investment advisory arm of Bernardi Securities, Inc. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of BSI.
The Firm’s expertise is within the municipal bond market. BSI is headquartered in Northfield, IL. The Firm’s client base includes banks, corporations, insurance companies, charitable organizations, endowments, advisors, and high net worth individuals.
BSI/BAM is seeking an analyst who will work directly with both the municipal credit and portfolio management department managers. The analysts track will be focused on municipal credit while working directly and being assigned additional responsibilities by the portfolio management department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Municipal Credit Department
- Update and maintain municipal credit database.
- Support department manager on surveillance and preparation of credit committee presentations & written analyses
- Analyze credit quality of individual municipal issuers (primary and secondary market)
- Link between Credit and Portfolio Management to review potential investments and existing client holdings (once familiar process)
- Additional projects and assignments as needed.
Portfolio Management Department
- Review portfolio credits
- Gather and organize material for Credit/PM Market Reviews
- Link between Credit and Portfolio Management to review potential investments and existing client holdings (once familiar with process)
- Additional projects and assignments as needed.
Education and Skills:
- Candidate should possess bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in finance, accounting, mathematics, economics, or related field
- Solid analytical skills and superior attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – adept at converting complicated concepts into straightforward analysis
- Calm demeanor under pressure and balanced time management skills
- Relevant work experience in fixed income or municipal sector: investment banking, financial advisory or asset management experience is preferred but not required
Experience & Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with InvestorTools software applications is preferred but not required
- Bloomberg workstation experience, is preferred but not required
- Full time
- Reports to Managers of Municipal Credit and Portfolio Management Departments
- Competitive compensation package
- No work from home option available at the onset of employment
Job Title: Sales Assistant
Role description: Our firm is seeking a position for a hybrid role: Investment Specialist and Service Manager. Over time the role will evolve to a full-time Investment Specialist who will partner with a senior Investment Specialist.
Our firm: Bernardi Securities, Inc. (BSI) was founded in 1984 and is a fixed income specialist that operates as a broker-dealer. The firm is affiliated with Bernardi Asset Management (BAM), a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of BSI. Combined, the two firms oversee over $1.6 billion in assets.
Role requirements: As an initial phase, as a Service Manager you will be required to respond to client account questions and handle account opening, retitling, and amendment processes through the client’s designation custodian. You will also handle account transfers, wire, and check distributions. You will verify trades with clients, solve trade problems, enter trade tickets, etc.
As an Investment Specialist, you need the ability to cultivate customer relationships with high net worth individuals, their advisors, and possibly larger institutional investors, insurance companies, and portfolio managers. There will be a focus on maintaining existing relationships and prospecting new client relationships. A focus on customer service, team-work and high-integrity.
We require knowledge of the fixed income markets, specifically the municipal bond market. You will work with traders, analysts and sales assistants to facilitate the purchase and sale of bonds to our clients.
What makes this opportunity great: our firm is a long established, family-owned company focused on the bond market. We have remained focused on this niche for over three decades and anticipate remaining so for the next three. This specific opportunity enables the ability to learn our approach to bond portfolio management from the ground up and eventually partner with a seasoned Investment Specialist and their client-base.
What we look for: Graduate or Bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Economics or comparable industry work experience. Excellent PC skills with familiarity in Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, Powerpoint. Strong analytical and exceptional communication skills. The ability to effectively exchange ideas and information or influence others with a high level of professionalism Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
If you are interested in the position, please send a resume and one paragraph introduction to [email protected]