Position 1/2: Senior Credit Analyst
Location: Northfield, IL
Bernardi Securities, Inc. (BSI) is a broker-dealer, specializing in active municipal bond portfolio management for private clients, public finance services, and fixed income capital market services. Bernardi Asset Management, LLC (BAM) is a fee only, SEC registered, investment advisory arm of Bernardi Securities, Inc. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of BSI.
The Firm’s expertise is within the municipal bond market. BSI is headquartered in Northfield, IL. The Firm’s client base includes banks, corporations, insurance companies, charitable organizations, endowments, advisors, and high net worth individuals.
BSI/BAM is seeking Senior Credit Analyst for the firm’s Municipal Credit Department. Th be focused on municipal credit analysis working directly with firm management, trading, public finance, and all other departments on all topics related to municipal credit as well as overseeing related areas of municipal underwriting and our due diligence process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake and supervise credit analysis of municipal issuers for primary and secondary market transactions and credit surveillance of existing positions held by BSI clients
- Conduct analysis and present commentary of credit trends within municipal market
- Supervise the credit analysis, workflow, and progression of junior credit analysts
- Duties for primary market transactions include but is not limited to conducting credit analysis on the transaction; reviewing and commenting on preliminary offering documents; participating in due diligence conference calls; reviewing an issuer’s history of compliance with outstanding continuing disclosure undertakings; presenting credit analysis and any other materials for presentation to the firm’s Credit Committee in a timely manner
- Responsible for commentary and presentations delivered to the firm’s Credit Committee regarding credit trends within the municipal market that may affect existing positions or future transactions, individual issuer or sector credit analysis, and any other relevant municipal credit materials in a timely manner
Education and Skills:
- Candidate should possess bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in finance, accounting, mathematics, economics, or related field
- Candidate should be proficient in analyzing the credit quality of municipal issuers including cities, counties, school districts and special districts and both general obligation and utility system revenue bonds. Prefer 3-5 years of experience as a credit analyst within one or more of these areas.
- Solid analytical skills and superior attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – adept at converting complicated concepts into straightforward analysis
- Calm demeanor under pressure and balanced time management skills
Experience & Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with CreditScope software applications is preferred but not required
- Bloomberg workstation experience, is preferred but not required
- Full time
- Competitive compensation package
- Limited work from home option available at the onset of employment
Position 2/2: Public Finance Investment Banking Analyst
Bernardi Securities, Inc. is currently seeking a Public Finance Investment Banking Analyst to join our team at our headquarters in Northfield, Illinois. Established in 1984, Bernardi Securities, Inc. is an independent investment banking and asset management firm. Since our founding we have focused on the needs of municipal bond issuers throughout the Midwest, high net-worth investors, community banks and other institutional municipal bond investors across the country.
The role of the position is to provide analytical and quantitative support to senior bankers; assist senior bankers in providing investment banking services to clients in the public sector including local government agencies, higher education institutions and non-profit organizations; prepare marketing and presentation information for senior bankers; draft and edit responses to RFP’s; compile market data; and other duties in supporting senior bankers.
This position requires onsite presence at the Northfield headquarters for five days per week for the first six months. Following this time period, arrangements may be made to work from home a portion of the week, as to be determined.
- Develop financial models to structure transactions around clients’ needs.
- Preparing analyses on client’s credit profile and capital structure/debt capacity.
- Prepare correspondence, marketing information, and presentations for senior bankers.
- Drafting responses to request for proposals.
- Interacting with internal and external financing team members in developing, executing and closing of a transaction.
- Maintain files of clients and prospects.
- Research and compile market data relating to prior or future transactions.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned, such as client appreciation events
- Bachelor’s degree required, minimum GPA of 3.4
- Public finance / municipal bond work experience preferred.
- Must obtain the Series 52 and 63 within 6 months from the date of employment.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Word and other Microsoft applications, including PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in managing multiple project-oriented tasks effectively and in a timely manner with exceptional attention to detail.
- Qualified candidates must possess a high level of motivation, initiative, and leadership potential.
- Successful candidates will be highly self-motivated and willing to work long hours when needed.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills are a must and good understanding of financial markets is expected.
- Well organized, attention to detail and able to manage multiple projects under pressure.
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in the position, please send a resume and one paragraph introduction to [email protected]