Bernardi Securities, Inc. is seeking a Public Finance Investment Banking Analyst to join our team at our headquarters in Northfield, Illinois. Established in 1984, Bernardi Securities, Inc. is an independent investment banking and asset management firm. Since our founding, we have focused on the needs of municipal bond issuers throughout the Midwest, high net-worth investors, community banks and other institutional municipal bond investors across the country.
The role of the position is to provide analytical support to senior bankers and assist them in providing investment banking services to public sector clients including local government agencies, higher education institutions, and non-profit organizations.
This position requires onsite presence at the Northfield headquarters for at least four days per week for the first six months. Following this period, arrangements may be made to work from home a portion of the week, as to be determined.
- Develop financial models to structure transactions around clients’ needs.
- Preparing analyses on clients’ credit profile and capital structure/debt capacity.
- Prepare correspondence, marketing information, and presentations for senior bankers.
- Drafting responses to request for proposals.
- Interacting with internal and external financing team members in developing, executing, and closing of a transaction.
- Maintain files of clients and prospects.
- Research and compile market data relating to prior or future transactions.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned, such as client appreciation events.
- Bachelor’s degree; minimum GPA of 3.25
- Public finance / municipal bond work experience preferred.
- Must obtain Series 52 and 63 within 6 months from the date of employment.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in managing multiple project-oriented tasks in a timely manner with exceptional attention to detail.
- Qualified candidates must possess high levels of initiative and leadership potential.
- Successful candidates will be self-motivated and willing to work long hours if needed.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills required. A good understanding of financial markets is expected.
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in the position, please send a resume and one paragraph introduction to [email protected]
We are always interested in meeting with candidates who have a strong interest or a depth of experience within the municipal bond sector.
Please reach out to [email protected] to inquire about our firm.